Saturday, July 16, 2011

{here and there}

My mama is usually here:





A gorgeous, sleepy country town. My parents live atop a hill there, overlooking a valley, with a river, and views to the next set of rolling hills. It is misty and cold in the mornings, until the sunshine rises over the valley and their little home is filled with light.
I love that place.
I was born there, it holds a special place in my heart.
But this weekend, my mama has come to stay here. Away from their little place in the country, to come to our little place by the coast.

Today Princess A showed off her new tricks; dancing and clapping and cheeky smiles, we had lunch and coffee and a spot of shopping, and I am actually loosing my voice from all our chatting.

It has been lovely.
I hope yours has too!

xx

6 comments:

  1. Nothing like having your mumma around to share in life...enjoy your time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect Day!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun! I never can decide which I like more - the country or the coast! Wouldn't it be perfect to have both! :) Although if you've seen the movie Marley and Me, I'd definitely choose the country house!!!
    Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holds a special place in my heart too because the first time I ever ventured there I met you. Love Aunty xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. just had a lovely catch up of your blog, thank you x

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!