Thursday, June 9, 2011

:: girl with a curl ::



There was a little girl who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead;
When she was good, she was very, very good,
And when she was bad she was horrid.












My grandmother used to sing that little rhyme about my mother. And of course it was passed down and I laugh to myself when I look at Princess E's little curly ringlet "right in the middle of her forehead" and it makes me think of that rhyme. And the rhyme holds quite true for this little 3 year old.


Do you have a child you cannot see yourself in? Mr J, I think, is a little boy version of his mummy. Much like me from birth, I expected that Baby Number 2 would also be a mirror image of me.
Not so much. And although she has many of her daddy's features, she isn't a whole lot like him either.
She is however, very much like my mother, and I see a lot of his mother in her too.
Aren't genetics amazing? I would keep having baby after baby just to see God's creativity with our DNA at work!


He certainly got creative when he made my girl with a curl. She has this incredible gift of helping, seeing others, seeing a need, and a willingness to meet it. She wants to please, she need to help, and be useful. Mr 5 takes full advantage and often sends her to do the errands he would rather not.


I just love really seeing my children, seeing their personalities, gifts, abilities, emerge.


In awe that I have been given the privilege of nurturing these three little souls!


xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!