Wednesday, May 25, 2011

grateful relief





Princess E fell asleep on the floor of her baby sister's bedroom yesterday afternoon.
It was so cute, but this little 3 year old usually abounds with energy, and I gave up fighting for her afternoon nap months ago - so, at the back of my mind I was a little suspicious.

Suspicions confirmed when, two hours later and multiple tries to wake her were unsuccessful, she woke with a "spewey tummy".

My poor baby spent the next few hours, and on and off into the night vomiting.
Oh this mama's heat breaks!
There is nothing worse than my babies being sick.
I want so much to take it from them, and have it myself, rather than see them suffer!





"Mum please pray for me" (Mum peese pray wor me) melted my heart.

We slept out on the couch together, her and I.

Doesn't it make you grateful? I am incredibly thankful my
three are all healthy, that the worst I have to see my children have is a flu or a tummy bug now and then...
It makes me realise how easily I take our health, all of our health, for granted! 'Tis our human nature, to not appreciate things we have until we don't have them anymore...

Oh the relief to see her almost back to her cheery self again, and ask for a Nutella sandwich...





Gratefully relieved!

"Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever."
1 Chronicles 16:34

xx

4 comments:

  1. Oh poor E! Hope you are both able to get more rest tonight! Praying hard the same is not going to infect our house... Both girls have woken with hunny noses and Hannah complaining of a sore tummy. With 2 sleeps til we fly I am believing they will be healed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so sorry E is sick!! I hope and pray she gets better QUICK! How precious is it that she asks you to pray for her? Ugh, be still my heart!
    ~Andrea @ http://hecallsmewifey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is just too precious :) so glad Miss E has woken a bit more chippier today.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. a precious memory, glad she is better! x

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!