Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A little less than okay...



This is how I felt this morning when I woke up. The second rough night's sleep in a row thanks to this teething/snotty/unsettled bubba. By 9:30am this is probably what I looked like too. A mini-meltdown found me sitting on the kitchen floor, with a face covered in as much snot and tears as Baby A.
Because let's face it, this mothering gig is hard. And sometimes my soul doesn't line up with my Spirit. It rebells and bucks and has fleshy little tantrums when things aren't going my way. I have spent the day telling that soul of mine that I can do this. With grace.
A timely reminder that grace is the ability to go beyond our natural ability (pretty sure I first heard John Bevere explain it like that!).
And I needed that grace today. Every day.

"Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." Hebrews 4:16

The 6th day, the halfway point of my husband's trip to Cambodia. Halfway points can be hard - it's too easy to quit half way, give up because although you've come a long way, the end is still afar off, and the progress you have made doesn't seem quite substantial enough.
But I'm going to continue to run, and run well. After all, as with my day, it's not how you start, it's how you finish that counts. And this day I finished well!

xx

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh needed that!! Must admit, this day/week looks and sounds a bit like yours too from this end- overwhelmed would be an understatement, have required many moments of alignment and perspective and my Soul is still just catching up...Thank God for grace, and a new day tomorrow!! Love Love Love your writing my girl & believing for a better night's sleep for you and your precious bubba too!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be me too! Exhausted. 2 days in a row of 3am starts (let alone the endless before that). Into week 4 of Neil being away. And a 2 year old testing every boundary. Oh and then there's out of control hormones, watching the disaster in Japan, and some devastating news. I've been listening to myself like an outer body experience shaking my head at myself in disgrace at my toddler like grumpiness, but still I couldn't quite seem to get past it. What a bad week! One to look back on that we survived. But if you ask me one better forgotten.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!