Thursday, March 31, 2011

{I am 5}



Mr J, you are the most spunky 5 year old I know!

spunky
1. Plucky, spirited

spirited adj.
1. having or showing courage, vigour, liveliness

I learn from you daily. Not just in mothering because yes, you are my first, my practice, our test run! But in life.

I could use some of your spunk. I could do to get bold and make friends as easily as you: "Hi, my name is J, it's my birthday on Wednesday, I'll be 5, if you come to my house I will make sure there is some cake for you!" (to a friend you'd just met at the park).

I could do with some of your zest for life. I could do with asking some of the questions you ask to quench your insatiable curiosity about life, and God.

There are some changes happening in your life pretty soon... but your amazing spirited self will take them all in your stride. I could take a leaf out of your book with your confidence. You are incredibly self-assured!

I love the way you love your sisters ("My friend has a baby sister, but my sister is always the cutest baby. And E is always Little Miss Chatterbox like the book I read at school") and have a 'what's mine is yours' attitude about all your stuff.

I could do to forgive and forget the way you do. No grudges, no hard feelings. And you don't say sorry until you really mean it.

I love the way you love me. Mistakes and all, you still love me to 'heaven and back'. I am so incredibly blessed to be your mother! Happy 5th Birthday!


Point your kids in the right direction - when they’re old they won’t be lost. Proverbs 22:6

xx

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful mum you are!
    And Mr J, you are a delight x

    ReplyDelete
  2. An absolutely gorgeous post...I love the words you use to describe your amazing and yes spunky son :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a beautiful caring loving & patient mother. Your spunky little man will treasure you forever and tell his children how wonderful their grandmother is one day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!