Tuesday, February 8, 2011

{with the heart}






Sometimes my heart doesn't seem all that healthy. It goes through stuff, gets fleshy, full of pride. But it seems to be the God-theme in my life (heart!) right now; just a constant focus on setting it right.
Not letting the dust settle...
Living with integrity...
Being transparent, genuine.
I fail, constantly.
I do NOT think the right things, I let my tongue say the wrong things, I slip up, over and over.
But my
Focus
Is there.
Heart, how are you? Feeling yukky? Let's talk.
Confession is good.
And I believe I've been made right... not by anything I did or didn't do.
Phew, that's a relief!!

xx

7 comments:

  1. Healthy Heart checks .... so important.
    I have to do them weekly!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Love this.

    Its way too easy to hold onto all that yukky stuff, getting more dragged down and bogged down by the ever increasing weight of guilt.....when instead we can confess and then KNOW that we have been made right with Him. Boundless grace and mercy is ours for the taking...if only we will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE your posts. Each time I read them it feels as though im reading whats going on in my own life.
    I too have been checking my heart alot lately, making sure its doing ok, is there anything that needs attention? is there door that God is leading me to open in it or even one to shut.

    Thanking for sharing.

    Kristie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em I so look forward to reading your posts as you just have this knack of getting to the nitty gritty of what I am going through :)
    Taking stock of what my heart is saying is a great indicator of what is really going on for me but acknowledging it and dealing with it is another matter entirely and one that I am working on.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks lovelies, you made my day!
    All the best on your heart journeys!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Jo!! That means so much xx

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!