Wednesday, February 16, 2011

snakes... and ladders!

Comfort zone.
Sometimes it's so much easier to stay there!
But I read (on Twitter I think) a while back, that while we stay in our comfort zone, we don't grow.
And I really want to grow!
So I'm stepping out, taking it in my stride and it's scary... but exciting.

I was doubting whether or not I was the right person for the job.
Which is silly really. Like doubting God. How dare I question what He is doing in my life?
It is most certainly Him, so why do I question?
And He does say He uses the foolish things of the world to 'shame the wise', the weak to shame the strong. He likes to use the nobodies, he likes to show off those who will give him glory (1 Cor 1:27). And the Message paraphrase says
"Everything that we have—right thinking and right living, a clean slate and a fresh start—comes from God by way of Jesus Christ. That's why we have the saying, "If you're going to blow a horn, blow a trumpet for God."
Even Moses questioned God. But then was brought to that place where he listened, and obeyed what he heard, despite his fears and failures - and can you imagine how he was feeling when he held up that pole with the bronze snake on it?! (check out Numbers 21) Seeing people healed and set free?
Thankful I bet, that he had stayed steadfast in what God required of him!

So here I am, not just an ambassador for Christ, which is responsibility in itself, but also for my amazing church. Despite my fears and failings I will stay steadfast in what God requires of me. I will give to Him what I have and hold it up and let him use it to heal people and set them free.

What will you use? What is He requiring of you?
Yes, it is scary. You may feel inadequate. But you aren't. You're called for such a time as this.
And you can do all things through Him who gives you strength!

xx

4 comments:

  1. I am so very proud of you babe. We all are..

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay yay yay! Your time is NOW! I love that He would use us for His purposes, what a privilege. What an honour. And yes Em, you are definitely the right woman for the job, you are light & salty, just how He likes:-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl...you are so right for the job and all that He wants from you!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The amazing thing about getting out of our comfort zone is - it's actally easy once you take the first step. We spend all our time stressing about things that we don't need to fear.

    All you need is a willing heart! He will only ask you to be YOU and move in your unique giftings. Nothing more. Nothing less. And that my friend is easy!!xo

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!