Friday, February 25, 2011

{loving}

Sometimes it's hard to be thankful. Truly thankful.
We whinge and complain about the most menial of trials.
I love looking for the positives, and to be honest, there are so many.

Last night a gorgeous friend and I snuck off, in the midst of bath time chaos (thank you dear husband!) to dip our toes (and the rest) in the ocean. For as she is known to say from time to time, "The day is not complete without some ocean on your feet".
We were blessed by the most stunning of sunsets. Unfortunately both camera (and phone)less meant I couldn't capture it in a picture, but it's forever etched on my mind.
We stood, speachless, watching the breathtaking colours light the sky... God showed off for us!

In that moment, I was thankful, my heart was full!

And I came home to love on my beautiful family. My three babies who I will lather with kisses, smother with cuddles today, while my heart aches for those families in New Zealand who have lost so much.
I am thankful for my life.








Thanks Paisley Jade for reminding us to be thankful - even for the most simple of pleasures.

xx


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Post :)
    Dipping my feet in the ocean would be lovely but i live 4 hours away from the nearest beach.
    Thanks for the comment on my blog.Im a follower of your blog
    Hugs
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and i love your Header picture of the Teacup Just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful - I can imagine the stunning scene (and what an awesome guy you have!). I am appreciating my children so much more right now too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister inlaw and I were talking about this today...how our simple complaints seem meaningless in comparison to what many are going through including people we know...sure puts things into perspective!

    I couldn't imagine not living so close to the sea :)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last Friday night I put my feet in the evening ocean and delighted in the smell of the sea, the warmth of the water and the wind in my hair. I raised my arms towards heaven and thanked our Father for such a beautiful experience. So glad that you had the same experience last night!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!