Friday, February 11, 2011

{loving}

There is always something to be thankful for. I like looking at the bright side, seeing blessing, being continually thankful.
No, things are not always rosy - babies get fussy, toddlers frustrating... getting up every day and packing a lunch for your pre-schooler is far from glamourous. Life as a mum is not easy!
But I am living the dream.
Living my dream!
And I am blessed.
So this week, just a few things I am thankful for:





A holiday. In less than a week, flying away to Bali for the first time with not just a hunky hubby but some very lovely favourite friends. Four couples. Four nights. No kids! I am nervous, getting more so the closer it gets about leaving mine, especially 6 month old Baby A. But she will be in the capable hands of my own mother and mother-in-law. How blessed are we? It will be so much fun!




This little corner of my kitchen has to be my favourite right now. That verse from Proverbs 12:4 reminds me that "A good wife is her husband's pride and joy".
There is Turkish Apple tea from T2. Yum.
And I have resolved to actually use those recipe books, and have been using new ones lately... trying a recipe I've not tried before at least once a week...




... like this Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Sundae sauce from 'Nigella Express'.
Divine!
So was the company we had that night. Blessed.

You can join up with Paisley Jade and her 'Things I'm Loving Friday too'!

xx

10 comments:

  1. I love that even in the tough times there is always something to be thankful for!!

    Lucky you getting to go on a holiday with lovely people and child free, my goal is a girl's weekend away that has been on my list for about 15yrs now...maybe this year :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. DEFINITELY this year Tammi! I'll be inviting myself along ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your list - yay for holidays!! That little corner in your kitchen is so cute... and do I spy Russian dolls!!! I adore them. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I do adore russian dolls too, especially when they are functional russian doll measuring cups!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word! We are one and the same when it comes to kitchen purchases it seems!
    I was going to get your brother to take me this weekend to get Turkish Apple tea! Gran has been talking about it for weeks, i'll go grab something else so it doesn't look like i'm copying hehe. And i have those russian dolls!
    We are one and the same when it comes to kitchen purchases it seems!

    You have the nicest kitchen :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the corner of your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful trip! My husband and I enjoyed a vacation without kids this past summer...it was difficult to leave, but we were so thankful for the time away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your little corner! And your trip to Bali sounds amazing! Can't wait to see pics and read about your time there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Em you are at the top of the list with a few others that I am rather fond of ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. BRING ON THURSDAY!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!