Wednesday, January 26, 2011

young and free

Princess E, in her Australia appliqued tee I whipped up in typical last minute style!


Happy Australia Day!


The first line in our national anthem is
Australians all let us rejoice, for we are young and free...

Today, I am thankful to be living in this free country. Free.


free
adjective, fre·er, fre·est, adverb, verb, freed, free·ing.
–adjective
1. enjoying personal rights or liberty, as a person who is not inslavery: a land of free people.

2. pertaining to or reserved for those who enjoy personalliberty: They were thankful to be living on free soil.

3. existing under, characterized by, or possessing civil andpolitical liberties that are, as a rule, constitutionally guaranteed by representative government: the free nations of the world


How incredibly blessed are we?!
A land blessed with beauty, and freedom.

I am thankful to those who have fought for our freedom.


And today we celebrate our freedom with family and friends, by the water, with typical Australian cuisine - bacon and eggs cooked on the barbie for brunch, and sausages and other yummies cooked on the barbie tonight for dinner.

Cheers Australia. I really love you, I do.

xx

2 comments:

  1. Australia Day makes me yearn for my place of birth, but having said that I feel very blessed to live in such a beautiful Country.
    Love the little applique tee, very cute!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated Australia day.
    Love the t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!