Saturday, January 1, 2011

{twentyeleven}

I have been pondering this blog post all day. What will I write? Something profound, something wise, something great to mark the beginning of a decade. I have been going to God for inspiration: "God, what can I share? What do you want to speak to me about, here, in this moment that is the beginning of a year?" Hmm... nothing really profound here!
Jeremiah 29:11 has been featuring in my thoughts... "For know the plans I have for you..."
He knows when I don't. And it's all good!
I am not discouraged that in so many areas I feel like I haven't budged since this time last year. My heart still needs a lot of TLC. And probably a kick in the pants too.
But then, I am not where I once was. What once was dry, now feels fresh, and dewy, and green! Circumstances haven't changed, but I don't care because I hear my Makers voice clearer than ever and feel Him close again!
Dry spells suck, but perseverance pays off. I stayed.
So did He it turns out, even though I couldn't feel Him.
And because of this, I know those issues of my heart will be gently removed, renewed.
Twenty ten was a lot of things: good, bad, ugly... I have left the ugly there. The bad can stay there too. Good? Good can come with me.
Psalm 23:6:
"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever."
Psalm 65:11
"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance."

So, resolutions aside, I am seeking Him, for a year crowned with His goodness.
A heart crowned with His goodness. If it means going against the flow, if it means forsaking what I'd rather be doing, if it means sacrifice... It will all be worth it to look back on 2011 as a year crowned with "a bountiful harvest". A heart harvest, a marriage harvest, a family harvest and a people harvest.
Goodness!
Hello 2011, I like you already.

5 Things I am loving in this moment:
1. Bridgetown:: family - my bro, his girlfriend, my family of five, all crashing at mum and dad's place - a tiny caravan. Lazy summer holiday bliss!
2. Little road trips with three little roadies in the back, and Jack Johnson playing all the way.
3. Super Mario Bros on Nintendo DS. I am addicted.
4. 1st January - O how I love that date. It's the same feeling as a new notebook; fresh, clean and so much potential!
5. Husband (even whilst arguing over who's turn it is for the DS!)

xx

3 comments:

  1. A year crowned with "a bountiful harvest"...exactly the kind of year I am seeking. Such beautiful words.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it with your words. They bring those joyous loving it tears. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. O my miss meg, I just ♥ you!!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!