Thursday, January 13, 2011

the dizzy park



Nearing the end of a journal is always a little bit momentous for me. Signifying an end to an era, and the promise of a new beginning. Fresh pages, prospects and future.
Flicking through brings back memories as though they were yesterday... times like these I am so glad for the written word.
So thankful I can read it, and write it.
And reading this poem I found (yes, yes, I know, my poetry
Is pretty lame!) just makes me appreciate even more my resolve to live in the moment. I remember this day, these moments so clearly! Mr 4 was only just 3, and that red bike was so big for him, and it still had training wheels... Princess E was only Baby E, not even 1, and she sat excitedly in her pram watching her big brother ride to that park.
Where did time go?
One day, I'll still be me, inside, but my body will be older, and I will miss these days with an ache in my heart that I feel even now.
Time is so precious. We can't get it back!

Romans 13:11-14 puts it better than I could, in the Message
Version of course...
"But make sure that you don't get so absorbed and exhausted in taking care of all your day-by-day obligations that you lose track of the time and doze off, oblivious to God. The night is about over, dawn is about to break. Be up and awake to what God is doing! God is putting the finishing touches on the salvation work he began when we first believed. We can't afford to waste a minute, must not squander these precious daylight hours in frivolity and indulgence, in sleeping around and dissipation, in bickering and grabbing everything in sight. Get out of bed and get dressed! Don't loiter and linger, waiting until the very last minute. Dress yourselves in Christ, and be up and about!"

The NLT version says "so remove your dark deeds like dirty clothes, and put on the shining armor of right living..."

Making each moment count - and it's not about me. I've spent too much time worrying about little things, petty things, when none of that even matters.

Sometimes do you just need a heart transplant? Yes, every day!

xx

5 comments:

  1. I love this!!! There is nothing better darling Emma than starting ones day reading your posts...they put a spring in my step.

    Loving your blog more and more
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammi... thank you, THANK YOU!
    Loved sewing, creating, chatting, laughing with you last night, how fun!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em - that poem is gorgeous. Is there anything that you can't do my lovely?!

    And Tammi - I so agree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A truly beautiful poem! Well done my lovely friend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Em. You are truly inspiring. Love it Love it Love it. xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!