Wednesday, January 5, 2011

creativity and me


cre·ate

  
verb, -at·ed, -at·ing, adjective
–verb (used with object)
1.
to cause to come into being, as something unique that would not naturally evolve or that is not made by ordinaryprocesses.
2.
to evolve from one's own thought or imagination, as a work of art or an invention.


Just a little bit of who I am, is this creator-chick. I love to make stuff. Pretty stuff. I love to sew. Love to bake (not so much to cook, but to bake!), love to look at pretty hand-made things and get inspiration... so I thought you might too.
I am resolving to take more, and better photos of my creations from now on, because these are the best I could do. Iphone photos aren't the best quality, and even worse when I've tried to get creative with them and shrink and resize etc. I am not too computer savvy, but I'm getting there! I apologise for the quality, but I think you'll get the gist. 






1. Fabric journal covers. I got a bit obsessed with these at one stage and made them for quite a few people and a few for me too. They took me a while to perfect, but this is one of my faves: love dots, florals and lace!

2. As above! A cover for my recipe book.

3. An owl softie I designed and made myself. Was so pleased with this, even though it was a little rough. It was a baby shower present for a dear friend, who loves owls!

4. My mini herb garden. All in pots. They are in a state of disrepair at the moment, I need to do some replanting. Mint and rosemary are easy to grow for the amateur gardener, but coriander and thyme, not so much!

5. A box-y little case. This is me teaching myself how to use the zipper foot!

6. Our gingerbread creation for Christmas. It shall be a tradition. I finished the last of it off yesterday - yum!

7. Yes, last year, I created a baby! Amie Bella. Born 22 July 10. She is a delight!

8. Fabric, quilty Easter baskets I made one year, with scraps from my fabric stash. They were filled with chocolate eggs and bunnies on a back-yard Easter hunt. Sweet!

9. A quilted cushion made for my mother-in-law for Christmas. With three little hand prints appliqued on and hand embroidered with her three little grandchildren's names. Needless to say, she loved it!

10. McDreamy, my almond cream dream of a Kitchenaid Mixer. O I love him! We have many adventures together creating in the kitchen, he and I.

11. My Quilted Advent Calendar. Was proud of this one. The first project in my newly created sewing nook!

12. One of the 6 aprons I made for a women's high tea at church. I plan to now applique pretty things on them and give them away, one by one. I love aprons. They are somewhat of an obsession; and SO easy to sew.

13. Another little zippered purse. More practice with the zipper foot!

14. Oilcloth lunchbags from this great tutorial from Skip to my Lou. These make great presents, especially filled with goodies. And really quick, and easy too.

15. A personalised embroidered towel with a birdie applique. A sweet gift for new babies!

16. More yummy creations for the kitchen, this is where they live before they get eaten!

17. A teacup birthday cake I made for Princess E on her second birthday. Loved creating this one!

18. A cute softie from 'Softies: 22 friends for you to sew, knit and crochet'

19. Memories! Luscious family memories. Each and every day, but specifically on our first family holiday as a family of five to Sydney. Bliss!


Just a little glimpse into my creative side.
I need to take more photos... buntings, napkins, nighties, appliqued t-shirts, bibs, burp cloths... the list goes on. And (hopefully!) even more creativity for twenty eleven!

xx


4 comments:

  1. You are just the cleverest, I love this glimpse! I especially love number 7 & 10 the most, so glad you created those!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Em, Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for your sweet comment! I am loving your blog, too, and can't wait to check it out some more.

    I am SUPER impressed with all that you've made this year, but number 7 is my personal favorite! :) She could not be more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an aweinspiring list there Miss Em...am particularly taken by number 7, I'm hoping to create one of those myself this year :)

    Happy creating!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You write the most inspiring posts! Going to have so much fun reading everything you have written, and i hope your creativness rubs off on me :)
    Yes we can be sisters! Practice now for when we are in laws!
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!