Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Today

"Today you are you, that's truer than true. There's no one alive who's youer than you." -- Dr Seuss

Today was mine. I lived it. No one else could do that for me. What a privilege it is to be me! My thoughts, ideas, inspiration, emotions, prayers... no one does it quite like me -- and no one does it like you either! The way you laugh; what you laugh at even, that's all you. What you want from life, what you are willing to give to the Maker... that's you too. You are YOU. So do it well!

My eyes are being continually lifted. And opened. I am liking me more and more. And not worrying so much if no one else does. Of course we all like to be liked, but I want to be liked for the right reasons. And not everyone liked Jesus, and he was, well, perfect.

The few words "accolades of man" keep running through my mind. I don't know where I've heard it before... is it a Bible verse? But it's speaking to me. Because if that's what I'm living for, that's all I'm gonna get in this life and the next.

Lifted eyes. Bigger pictures.
Like next door neighbors who maybe won't have the best Christmas, but taking them a batch of shortbread might just rekindle some faith for them.
Like an invitation. Like a handwritten card.
Like someone else for a change. Be the best you. But don't be you just for you. Be you for someone who might need the you that only you can be.
Taking my Dr Seuss hat off now.
And my preaching one. I did need to hear that though. Just trying to live it.

xx

1 comment:

  1. That quote is a particular favourite of mine.

    I love the message in this post Em..all too often people get caught up in being something they are not...I like to keep it real and live my life to the best of my potential :)

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!