Sunday, December 26, 2010

Rise and Shine!

Merry Christmas!







Isaiah 60:1

"Arise, shine;
For your light has come!
And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you."

The tree is withering in the (40 degree!) heat. The presents unwrapped, the food devoured. Christmas has come and gone for another year.
What hasn't left though, is it's Spirit. The Spirit of humanity, of thoughtfulness, generosity, and mostly, the spirit of thanks.
I want to carry the Spirit of Christmas with me throughout the year to come.
We had an amazing church service this morning, where every person in the congregation was given the opportunity to stand and share something from the year that they are thankful for.
Hearing about financial blessings, families and marriages restored, bodies healed of cancer, God's faithfulness towards those that have returned to Him, and simple thanks to Him for just having been invited to share Christmas lunch - from a single mum with no family... it was hard not to be moved! Something happens when we testify before others, when we proclaim God's goodness in our lives. I'm sure my faith is still rising just from hearing all those testimonies, one after the other.
What an amazing way to spend the last Sunday of the year.

And as we are on the brink of a new one... new year's resolutions are running through my mind, aspirations for the year to come.

I am thankful for newly awakened dreams, and that still small voice whispering, "Yes, it is possible. Through me all things are possible..."

I am thankful for encouragement from amazing people in my life, in even things with seemingly little importance.

Thankful for my family, for the role I play as wife, and mummy. Beautiful husband and beautiful babies.

I love the feel of a clean slate, a fresh start... And love that the clean slate and fresh start can be mine at any time, through His grace.
So "Arise, shine!"

Happy holidays!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!