Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Beginning...

I'm starting. I've started. There.
It's been almost a week since I opened an account... and almost a year since I opened one the first time, and posted my first blog entry - but that's disappeared into blogland because I left it for so long.
I don't know why I can't/couldn't just take the first step. Until now.
I didn't wait till everything was perfect, as I would have liked to - as a mummy of three, things are rarely perfect! I haven't even made myself a cup of tea.
I walked in from a morning playdate, to our morning mess.
And here I am, sitting amidst it all: breakfast dishes, toys, a chattering two-year-old (showing me a slater bug she is making a home for in a breakfast bowl, eek) and a to-do list a mile long.
But I have made a start. Begun. This is the beginning.
Can't be much different to keeping a journal?
Although, I'm sure it's much less romantic than holding a favourite pen, and a dogeared notebook, flicking through scribbled-on pages filled with prayers and poetry...

Scrawled in liquid chalk on my very 70's glass kitchen cupboards is this:

"When dreams come true there is life and joy!" Proverbs 13:12


Seems fitting.
So it is the beginning.
For now, that is all. Hello.

3 comments:

  1. Yay - my Kitchen Angel has found her wings and set about stringing lovely words together for all to see, aspire, love and laugh to. Here's to your first entry, oh, I'm coming over to 'chink' a china teacup with you to celebrate - put the kettle on! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. baby sitters club - really? Bahahaha... used to love those as a kid also. Glad to share the virtual journey with ya. Welcome on board :P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - next stop flickr account of all your lovelies (and so you can join our awesome swapsies)??!!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you visited, and love LOVE that you took time to say hello!